Tuesday, February 16, 2016

About this blog

My name is Jordan Milligan. I was born in the South Bend area and have lived here for all of my 24 years. I work a full-time job and I am a full-time student. Even with my job and school sometimes I find myself sitting at home bored. I now try to stay as active as I can with going out and trying to find new things to do or go to places that I have never been to before.

This blog I have created is to give my readers some ideas of what there is to do in South Bend. This can range from taking a trip to the Grotto at Notre Dame to live concerts that are going on in the area. My goal is to keep you from that bored feeling that can sometimes happen in here. As well as give you a reason to go out and be a part of the community and meet new and interesting people.



This is not solely about my interests, feel free to send me questions about what to do that involve your interests. You can also send me information about some other the things that you like to do or let me know about an event that will be happening so that I can post about it to let other people know about it.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jordan. I think this is a great blogging topic, especially since most people find themselves REALLY bored in the winter months. I would love to know about more things going on in South Bend. Most the time I hear about them when they've already passed and then I miss out on them. My family and I like to go to Potato Creek, which isn't necessarily a specific event, but I think a lot of people forget that we have a great park so close that has a lot to offer. It's not far from South Bend at all. There are even cabins you can rent while staying at the park. I think it's a great way to disconnect from all the craziness and technology every once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Call on Potato Creek Ali it is a great place to go check out. I haven't been there in quite some time I should look up and see if anything new is going on with it.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jordan! This is an interesting topic, and I relate to it because between my job, school, social life, and working out, I find myself sitting on the couch with nothing to do. Netflix gets boring, which is why I am looking forward to seeing the ideas in more of your posts. This is a very relatable topic and I think you'll have a lot of success running this blog. One of my favorite things to do is go to a library (not the school library) and sit and read for a few hours.
    Good luck with the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Skylar. I agree with Netflix getting boring especially since I feel like I have already seen everything on it. Do you usually only go to one library or do you switch it up? I am not much of a library guy myself so I do know much about what they have to offer.

      Delete